Visa & Student Permits for Foreign Students


Visa Requirements

Conforming to Swiss law as regards your extended stay in Geneva involves a number of administrative steps, some of which must be taken care of well ahead of your entry to Switzerland. If you are not a EU citizen, it is best to contact the nearest Swiss diplomatic or consular representation in your country of residence (see list at : in order to check whether you are subject to particular visa requirements. Alternatively, consult the “Frequently Asked Questions” menu on the Swiss government’s official website at :

Student Permit

Foreign students who have legally entered Switzerland can stay for three months without a residence permit. However, they need to register in person at the Office Cantonal de la Population before that initial period expires, in order to secure a Student Permit (“Permis B”). Practical experience suggests that proof of payment of the first tuition fee instalment will ease the administrative process.

In any case, GGSG will spare no effort to help students through those administrative formalities on arrival.

News »

PhD Programme : rolling admissions

GGSG now follows a rolling admission process, with possible intakes at any point in time during the academic year. For details of admission requirements and procedure,...

Global Risk Management Institute

Global Risk Management Institute

GGSG is proud to announce that it has signed a strategic partnership agreement, effective June 2017, with GRMI, premier risk management institute in India, based...